- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh broccoli coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Ziti Pasta, cooked according to the instructions on the box (penne or rigatoni may be substituted)
- Basil pesto cream sauce (see below)
- Basil Pesto Cream Sauce
- 3/4 cup of half & half
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup traditional basil pesto (any grocery store carries this)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the broccoli, spinach and tomatoes together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cover the chicken breast with plastic wrap and flatten. A rolling pin works well.
- Evenly distribute the ingredients from the bowl in the center of each chicken breast. Sprinkle equal amounts of the feta cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese on top of the broccoli mixture. Wrap the chicken breast tightly around the filling and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breast.
- Place on a baking sheet or pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over ziti pasta with basil pesto cream sauce.
- Basil Pesto Cream Sauce:
- In a blender mix the half & Half, chicken broth, cornstarch and pesto together.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese and add the half & half mixture. Mix well and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Pour over cooked ziti and toss. Yield: serves 4
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Spinoccoli with Ziti Pasta and Pesto Cream Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review