Amish Oatmeal Coconut Pie Recipe
My wife and I spent a few days in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania after we were married, and here we had this deliciously sweet dessert which always reminds me of our love. After getting home (and I lot of trial and error) I was able to duplicate the taste of the pie we had.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup old fashioned (not quick cooking) oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 9” pre-made frozen deep dish pie shell
- vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Sprinkle the salt over the corn syrup mixture and stir to combine. Add the sugar and stir. Add the coconut and oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Place the frozen pie shell on a cookie sheet.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen pie shell and bake for 35 – 40 minutes. If the middle of the pie seems liquidy/”jiggly” give it a few more minutes. Remove from the oven to cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and whipped topping Yield: serves 8
Reviews for Amish Oatmeal Coconut Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review