- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs flour
- Juice and rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour milk
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1. Combine ingredients for bottom of pie.
- 2. Pour into unbaked pie shell (9 in.)
- 3. For topping: combine butter and sugar.
- 4. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- 5. Add milk and sifted dry ingredients alternately.
- 6. Spread topping over mixture in pie shell.
- 7. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 or 40 minutes. Yield: serves 0
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Montgomery Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review