Comforting Tuna Casserole Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 6 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pouch (2-1/2 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 5 teaspoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cream cheese, tuna, pimientos and chives. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1/4 cup tuna mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the noodles, 1/2 cup tuna mixture and one slice of cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Comforting Tuna Casserole(8)
Sort By :
Will make it
Soooo good! Will make this again and again, but next time, I'll double the servings so we can both have seconds!
This is pretty rich, but we LOVE it!! Much better and different than any recipe with CANNED SOUP or using cheddar cheese (which doesn't really go with seafood anyway). We double this recipe and omit the pimentos and chives. SO good! Thanks for our new "go to" recipe for tuna casserole. :)
This is my go-to tuna casserole recipe. It is the perfect size for my husband and I and I really like the flavor and texture of the recipe.
You changed the whole recipe! You reviewed your own recipe, NOT fair!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >