- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese and onions; add in potatoes; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Potato Casserole
"I have not made this yet, but when I do, I am going to add diced onions and chopped green peppers. Saved it to my recipe box and will try it soon!"
"Very good. I cut recipe in half, made the hash browns with fresh potatoes, added some seasoning, topped it with seasoned bread crumbs. Came out really good. Also, love the fact you can make ahead and heat up. I froze about 1/2 of what I made. Just defrost, and warm in oven. Just as good as before, maybe better."
"It needs salt and pepper...then it's great."
"I agree it is tasteless, and I will never make it again."
"I made this for dinner tonight. Was excited because of all the reviews that said it was so great. I cut the recipe in half as it is just the two of us. Neither one of us liked it. It was way to creamy and very bland. Sorry for the bad review. Maybe our taste buds are different than most people."