Comforting Peach Cobblers
Made from standard pantry ingredients, these yummy peach cobblers from Tootie Zwiebel of Wapakoneta, Ohio are at home on a table for two.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter-flavored shortening, melted
- 2 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Divide the peaches between two 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated
- with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, egg and
- shortening. Spread over bread; place over peaches. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 457 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.