"One of my favorite potato dishes, this recipe is creamy and comforting. It freezes well, so it's great make-ahead dish to take along when you're RVing," says Carole Alexander of Norton, Ohio.
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- In a small saucepan, combine the soup, water, onion and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in hash browns.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Casserole in Cooking for 2
Reviews for Comforting Hash Brown Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
"I made it with low fat cream of chicken soup and low fat cheese and it was delious. I will be making this again and again."