Comforting Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
"One of my favorite potato dishes, this recipe is creamy and comforting. It freezes well, so it's great make-ahead dish to take along when you're RVing," says Carole Alexander of Norton, Ohio.
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- In a small saucepan, combine the soup, water, onion and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in hash browns.
- Transfer to a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Hash Brown Casserole in Cooking for 2
Reviews for Comforting Hash Brown Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
I made it with low fat cream of chicken soup and low fat cheese and it was delious. I will be making this again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >