Comforting Creamy Banana Pudding
"Our family has made this comforting old-fashioned treat a tradition for holidays, birthdays and Sunday dinners," writes Kelly Shealy of Barnwell, South Carolina.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 34 vanilla wafers
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream. Fold in whipped topping
- until well blended. Place half of the vanilla wafers in an 11-in. x
- 7-in. dish. Top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the
- bananas, then remaining wafers, bananas and pudding mixture. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 210 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white