"Our family has made this comforting old-fashioned treat a tradition for holidays, birthdays and Sunday dinners," writes Kelly Shealy of Barnwell, South Carolina.
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 34 vanilla wafers
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream. Fold in whipped topping until well blended. Place half of the vanilla wafers in an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the bananas, then remaining wafers, bananas and pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Banana Pudding in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Comforting Creamy Banana Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2015
"I have made this several times & we love it, especially the grandkids. It is easy to make, too!"
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2012
"You've got to be kidding, right? Southern--England or Australia?"