Comforting Cranberry-Apple Crisp Recipe
The first time I baked this bubbly, golden brown crisp, I knew it was a winner. Cranberry sauce adds the perfect amount of tartness to every spoonful.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cranberry sauce. Add apples; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Comforting Cranberry-Apple Crisp in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p48
Reviews for Comforting Cranberry-Apple Crisp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Crisp >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Crisp >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >