"My mother was a great cook who loved to entertain. This warm and comforting crisp was one of her favorite recipes," says Mary Bachman Foltz of Wolcottville, Indiana. with a buttery golden topping, it's an irresistible ending to a holiday dinner or informal gathering.
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, sugar and flour; spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the cornflakes, pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture. bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Apple Crisp in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p22