Comforting Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium carrots, quartered widthwise
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pan, brown chicken pieces on all sides. Return onion to pan; add potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 941 calories, 66g fat (34g saturated fat), 274mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 47g protein.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.