- 2 quarts water
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
"What a tasty and simple recipe. This is comfort food at it's best for the cold weather!"
"My family really enjoyed this soup. It is so easy to prepare. Next time I will add fewer noodles and throw in some carrots and celery."
"This gets five stars for ease of preparation and common ingredients. It has been a staple in our home for years...ever since it was first published. I often add a can or two of chopped green chiles to give it a little oomph. It is comfort food of the highest order."
"I've made this several times.......and have been told it's the best chicken soup they've ever had !! I don't even bother with the sour cream. It's tasty without it. I do saut? celery and onions and use chicken broth instead of the bouillon and always use rotisserie chicken. It's excellent !!! Yes, the noodles soak up the liquid, so you may want to add a little broth, if you like it soupier.Otherwise, it's sooooo good! Thank you for posting. It's an easy and quick dinner and I love that people rave about it. : )"
"This is very good, my family enjoyed it. It wasn't very soup like though, so I added more stock because it was thick."
"I thought the soup was delicious! I don't usually make a cream based soup for chicken noodle but the sour cream was a great addition! I also thought 6 1/2 cups of noodles were too many. I used a full four cups and it was still a lot of noodles. I only added one can of soup just didn't think it needed two. Sprinkled a little more bouillon in it, added three carrots, a couple of stalks of celery, and about a cup of chopped kale for color and because I have lots in my garden! I also just cooked my cubed chicken and vegetables in the broth a few minutes before I added the noodles."
"Delicious and easy! My family all loved it."