- 2 quarts water
- 8 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream. Sprinkle with minced parsley. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup
"Used Chicken stock. Added carrots, celery and onion. Seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper before cooking it. Cooked 4 cups of noodles separately. The soup is bland, but indeed comforting."
"My husband who claims not to like chicken soup had seconds. That Iis not bad! I was glad to get something so easily likeable and easy to tailor."
"I've made this several times.......and have been told it's the best chicken soup they've ever had !! I don't even bother with the sour cream. It's tasty without it. I do saut? celery and onions and use chicken broth instead of the bouillon and always use rotisserie chicken. It's excellent !!! Yes, the noodles soak up the liquid, so you may want to add a little broth, if you like it soupier.Otherwise, it's sooooo good! Thank you for posting. It's an easy and quick dinner and I love that people rave about it. : )"
"This is very good, my family enjoyed it. It wasn't very soup like though, so I added more stock because it was thick."
"Love this soup. I am teaching my son to cook and he said he wanted to make a chicken noodle soup. I picked this for it's simplicity. It was great!! Next time I will add some veggies, but this was a perfect soup to teach an eight year old to cook."