- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions, adding the peas, celery and carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Stir in the chicken, corn, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, green and red peppers and pepper. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"This was really good! I've made it a couple of times. We are a family of 3 adults and we eat small portions so this casserole makes 3 meals for us. I freeze in loaf-size portions for Sunday dinner. Stick it in the loaf pan before leaving for church and set the timer for it to bake while we are gone. When we get home we make a salad and dinner is ready. I think I will saute the onions a bit the next time. We like the peppers crunchy, but the onions not so much."
"Good recipe. I added more veggies because I like a decent amount in my dishes and added some 1/2 & 1/2 to make it a bit creamier. Overall a good meal for the family."
"I didn't have creamed corn, so I added a can of regular corn and a can of cheddar cheese soup. Per the other reviews, I also sautéed the veggies first. This was great!!!!!"
"Added peas in step 2. Froz. peas don't need a lot of cooking time. Cut the noodles to 3-1/2 c, Too much pasta when served w/the ever present salad. This did not turn out dry but moist & delish."
"This is really good but was a little dry and bland so I added broccoli and a can of Chicken broth and a little fresh garlic..I sauteed the peppers and onions slightly in olive oil. turned out really good!"