- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions, adding the peas, celery and carrot during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Stir in the chicken, corn, soup, 1 cup cheese, onion, green and red peppers and pepper. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"Good recipe. I added more veggies because I like a decent amount in my dishes and added some 1/2 & 1/2 to make it a bit creamier. Overall a good meal for the family."
"I didn't have creamed corn, so I added a can of regular corn and a can of cheddar cheese soup. Per the other reviews, I also sautéed the veggies first. This was great!!!!!"
"Added peas in step 2. Froz. peas don't need a lot of cooking time. Cut the noodles to 3-1/2 c, Too much pasta when served w/the ever present salad. This did not turn out dry but moist & delish."
"This is really good but was a little dry and bland so I added broccoli and a can of Chicken broth and a little fresh garlic..I sauteed the peppers and onions slightly in olive oil. turned out really good!"
"My husband and I had this for dinner tonight and it was really yummy. I made a few minor changes. I sauteed the onions and peppers to soften prior to baking. I used 2 cans of soup. I used frozen peas and carrots and omitted the celery. And, I didn't use reduced fat either! Thanks for this recipe!"