- chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat
- from bones; dice and set aside. Strain broth and skim fat; discard
- onion, celery and bay leaf. Set aside 6 cups broth for sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, parsley and sage. Saute
- celery and onion in butter until tender. Add to stuffing mixture and
- mix well; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth. Gradually add reserved broth; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir a
- small amount into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the chicken,
- stuffing and sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45
- minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife comes
- out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.