- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 frying chicken (about 2-1/2 pounds each), cut up
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 cups canned tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place flour in a paper or plastic bag. Shake chicken, a few pieces at a time, to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Brown chicken on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside. In the skillet, add garlic and onions; saute until onion is soft. Add mushrooms, broth, tomato puree, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet; cover and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cacciatore in Reminisce September/October 1991, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken Cacciatore
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2014
"Almost - but not quite - as tasty as it is comforting."