Comforting Chicken A La King Recipe
- 4 individually frozen biscuits
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Chicken A La King
Sort By :
"Delicious! I left out the celery and added maybe 1 tsp of celery salt. I also used heavy cream instead of milk and the sauce was incredibly silky. It was really yummy!"
"I liked it. It was easy to prepare and tasted good. I used french bread instead of biscuits, because I already had the french bread. I don't think that was a good idea."
"Recipe was perfect. Had to use soy milk as I have a dairy allergy, otherwise followed as written. Husband loved it and will be used regularly at our easy Sunday evening meal. Serve this over homemade waffles - great."
"Excellent comfort food. I had the flu and knew I had to eat something. I used the meat off the rest of a store-bought rotisserie chicken, added a well drained can of peas and carrots and omitted the celery since I didn't have any. It really hit the spot! It's what I call a "feel-good" food. Thank you."
"Awesome!!! Folled exactly and it was so yummy....Thanks"