Comforting Carrot Casserole
Creamy cheese and crunchy chips add unusual taste to this rich, easy-to-prepare dish from Caroline Hoyt, Scranton, Iowa.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place carrots in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese
- and onion. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with potato chips.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield:
- 8 servings.