Comforting Broccoli Casserole Recipe
For old-fashioned goodness, there's nothing like a casserole. For this one, Mom dresses up nutritious broccoli with two kinds of cheese and, golden bread crumbs.—Kimberly Laabs, Hartford, Wisconsin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli (about 3 cups), thawed
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; fold in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup equals 322 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC