Comforting Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli (about 3 cups), thawed
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; fold in broccoli. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
0.666 cup: 322 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Comforting Broccoli Casserole
"I love the texture of the casserole since it uses both broccoli cuts and chopped broccoli. The next time, I'm going to omit the onion since my family didn't care for it in the casserole. Other than that, it's definitely a keeper."
"I've made this recipe at least a dozen times and it always gets rave reviews!I use only half the onion called for or its a bit too oniony for me but other than that it's an excellent recipe!"
"I didn't have mayo so I substituted ranch dressing and it worked out wonderfully! My husband loved it and the kids actually ate it without complaining. Also, did not have any onion on hand so used dry minced onion. Will definelty be making again!"
"I made this recipe for Christmas dinner, and everyone loved it, it's now my signature dish to bring, I added pearl onions along with diced purple onions, and I used butter crackers crushed with butter, rather than bread crumbs, I also added other spices, and extra swiss and cheddar cheese, make sure you thaw out the veggies if using frozen, it will take much longer to bake! (I found that out!) Overall this was an excellent recipe!"
"I have made this recipe 6 times now in 6 different ways. What an excellent versitile casserole! My husband isn't an onion lover so I usually add only 1tbsp dried minced onion and I always use fresh veggies. Otherwise I just change up the vegetables once-for-ounce. This time I added ~7 ounces steamed broccoli, ~7 ounces steamed cauliflower, and ~10 ounces leftover turkey. I think this was the best yet!"
"Casserole was very average - good. I like cheesier so I'd be better off searching for one a mouse would be more apt to munch. This is a nice one if one doesn't care that much for the cheese."