Comforting Banana Pudding Recipe
This recipe is a terrific small-quantity alternative to banana cream pie.—Opal Hinson, Lubbock, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 vanilla wafers
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir 1 cup hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 3. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Layer vanilla wafers and banana slices in parfait glasses or bowls. Top with pudding. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 686 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 140 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC