Comforting Banana Pudding
This recipe is a terrific small-quantity alternative to banana cream pie.Opal Hinson, Lubbock, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 vanilla wafers
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk
- until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened
- and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat.
- Stir 1 cup hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan and bring to a
- gentle boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Layer vanilla wafers and banana slices in
- parfait glasses or bowls. Top with pudding. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 686 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 140 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.