- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 vanilla wafers
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir 1 cup hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Layer vanilla wafers and banana slices in parfait glasses or bowls. Top with pudding. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Comforting Banana Pudding
"My 11-year-old daughter is taking beginning French. Tomorrow, as a treat for the end of the academic quarter, her teacher will be making crêpes. The teacher encouraged the kids to bring in different sweet fillings for the crêpes. Of course, I didn't learn about this until around two hours ago. After doing a quick mental rundown of what groceries I have on hand, I suggested from-scratch vanilla pudding with a cut-up banana. We whipped this up, and it was quick and easy. We also sampled it and it's delicious. I wish I could be there to sample the crêpes tomorrow!"