This recipe is a terrific small-quantity alternative to banana cream pie.—Opal Hinson, Lubbock, Texas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 vanilla wafers
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir 1 cup hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Layer vanilla wafers and banana slices in parfait glasses or bowls. Top with pudding. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Comforting Banana Pudding in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p10
Reviews for Comforting Banana Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review