Colossal Cornburger Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the egg, corn, crackers, green onions, parsley and Worcestershire sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings.
- 2. On sheets of waxed paper, pat half of the beef mixture at a time into an 8-1/2-in. circle. Spoon corn mixture onto one circle of meat to within 1 in. of the edge. Top with second circle of meat; remove top sheet of waxed paper and seal edges. Invert onto a well-greased wire grill basket; peel off waxed paper.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat, for 12-15 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. For oven method, place burger on a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 364 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.