Colossal Batch of Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
With a cookie-loving husband and seven kids, one batch of cookies doesn't last long here! When I make this colossal recipe, I divide it into thirds and make three different types to please everyone. One with chocolate chips and nuts, another with raisins and one with butterscotch chips. Everyone is happy! —Lisa Cooper, Paris, Texas
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a very large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Colossal Batch of Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC