Colossal Batch of Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
"With a cookie-loving husband and seven kids, one batch of cookies doesn't last long here! When I make this colossal recipe, I divide it into thirds and make three different types to please everyone. One with chocolate chips and nuts, another with raisins and one with butterscotch chips. Everyone is happy!" - Lisa Cooper, Paris, Texas
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a very large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC