Colorful Zucchini Spears Recipe
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 plum tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Cut zucchini in half widthwise; cut halves lengthwise into quarters. Place in an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle half over the zucchini. Top with tomato, onion, remaining seasonings and bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 85 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Colorful Zucchini Spears