Colorful Veggie Saute
"A low-fat meal doesn't skimp on flavor with this tasty saute on its side. The medley of squash and other garden-fresh ingredients is brightened by the hearty steak seasoning." —Pamela Stewart, Belcher, Kentucky
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, yellow squash, onion,
- mushrooms, green pepper and carrots in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add the spinach, steak seasoning and garlic salt; saute 3-4 minutes
- longer or just until spinach is wilted. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.