Colorful Veggie Coins Recipe
The "doubloons" in this bright side dish are actually garden treasures! It was a hit on the buffet at our pirate theme party. Once you try the fresh-tasting medley, I predict you'll serve it time and again.
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place carrots, squash and cauliflower in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 minutes. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables; dot with remaining butter.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Veggie Coins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC