Colorful Veggie Casserole Recipe
When I retired from the U.S. Army s few years ago, I began tinkering in the kitchen and now work in there regularly. This casserole is chock-full of vegetables and flavor and couldn't be easier to prepare. Marion White, La Center, Washington
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 pounds frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese,
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the onions, carrot, celery, peppers and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the hash browns, soup, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parsley and salt.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Veggie Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p81
Reviews for Colorful Veggie Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review