Colorful Veggie Bake
It's impossible to resist this cheesy casserole with a golden crumb topping sprinkled over colorful vegetables. A versatile side that goes with any meat, Mom has relied on this favorite to round out many family meals. For a taste twist, try varying the veggies.
-Lisa Radelet, Boulder, Colorado
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers (about 13 crackers)
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain. Place half
- in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan,
- combine cheese and 4 tablespoons butter; cook and stir over low heat
- until melted. Pour half over vegetables. Repeat layers.
- Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over
- the top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.