- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces reduced-fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Colorful Vegetarian Linguine
Sort By :
"This so good, my husband couldn't say enough good things about this recipe. You'll just love it."
"Ditto on the previous--been making this since it came out in the magazine. It is a definite family favorite. We like smoky provolone in it best and the fresh basil is worth the extra trouble. I would triple it if it fit in the skillet! Leftovers are good but there are rarely any left. We use a small amount of sweet onion chopped and cooked with the vegetables in place of the green onion (just personal preference). This is our favorite vegetarian recipe and we aren't vegetarians."
"I've been making this since it came out inQuick Cooking magazine in Jan. 2002. Very nice recipe for Lent."