Colorful Vegetable Saute
This fresh-tasting mixture is so pretty and tastyand a great way to enjoy your garden's bounty. A sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds adds a pleasant crunch to the savory saute. I love to cook and find that trying out new recipes for my large collection is one of my favorite "jobs"!
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, zucchini and carrots in oil
- for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute
- In a small bowl combine vinegar and water; pour over the vegetables.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 45 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.