Colorful Vegetable Saute Recipe
This fresh-tasting mixture is so pretty and tastyand a great way to enjoy your garden's bounty. A sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds adds a pleasant crunch to the savory saute. I love to cook and find that trying out new recipes for my large collection is one of my favorite "jobs"!
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, zucchini and carrots in oil for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar and water; pour over the vegetables. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Saute in Country Woman January/February 2000, p33
Reviews for Colorful Vegetable Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- German Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >