- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- In a small saucepan, heat bouillon and water for 1 minute; stir well. Stir in the salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, onion and celery in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the bouillon mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cabbage; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Vegetable Medley Side Dish
"Didn't think it would be as flavored as it was, DELICIOUS!!"
"Really good! I've made this many times. My husband requested I make this for guests coming tomorrow. I also have made substitutions; most any vegetable suitable for stir frying would taste good."
"This is really, really good! I think it lends itself well to substitutions--I nixed the cabbage since I didn't want to make a special trip to the store; it was still VERY tasty."