With its red pepper slices and green broccoli florets, this merry medley will brighten any holiday table. Sara Lindler of Irmo, South Carolina uses mild seasonings to let the variety of veggie flavors shine through.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- In a small saucepan, heat bouillon and water for 1 minute; stir well. Stir in the salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the broccoli, carrots, onion and celery in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the bouillon mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cabbage; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Medley in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p12
Reviews for Colorful Vegetable Medley Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review