With its eye-opening zippy flavor, horseradish gives this vegetable casserole a "root" awakening.—Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large saucepan; add 1 in. water. Add cauliflower and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-8 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until all the vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt and pepper. Add vegetables; toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika until crumbly; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p41
Reviews for Colorful Vegetable Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review