Colorful Vegetable Bake
"My sister gave me the recipe for this side dish years ago, and it's become a favorite in our household," writes Betty Brown from Buckley, Washington. Chock-full of colorful veggies, it's delicious and feeds a crowd.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 to 3 cups (8 to 12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Place beans and peppers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Layer with tomatoes, cheese and zucchini. In a large bowl, combine
- the biscuit mix, salt, cayenne, eggs and milk just until moistened.
- Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until puffed and a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with 2 cups reduced-fat cheese, reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix, 1-1/2 cups egg substitute and fat-free milk) equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium,