- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 to 3 cups (8 to 12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Place beans and peppers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with tomatoes, cheese and zucchini. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, salt, cayenne, eggs and milk just until moistened. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Vegetable Bake
Sort By :
My family really enjoyed this with a roasted chicken. I made this despite not having green beans or fresh tomatoes, I used canned tomatoes. Next time I think I'll use pepper jack cheese and mexican spiced canned tomatoes. The recipe is easily adapted for personal taste.
Watery in the bottom and very little seasoning/flavour
This was a good dish and we din't even add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt because of a low sodium diet. Thanks for the recipe Betty! Will be making this again!