"My sister gave me the recipe for this side dish years ago, and it's become a favorite in our household," writes Betty Brown from Buckley, Washington. Chock-full of colorful veggies, it's delicious and feeds a crowd.
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 to 3 cups (8 to 12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Place beans and peppers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with tomatoes, cheese and zucchini. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, salt, cayenne, eggs and milk just until moistened. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Bake in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p35
Reviews for Colorful Vegetable Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review