Here's a recipe that's perfect for any season, not just for a post-holiday meal. It uses cooked turkey and cranberry sauce in a light and interesting way. Guests love putting their own salad together and always give this recipe two thumbs up! —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, marmalade, hoisin sauce and pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until blended, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, red pepper, onion, cucumber, mango, avocado, pecans, ginger and cranberry mixture. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with herbs. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Turkey Salad Cups in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Colorful Turkey Salad Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review