Colorful Tossed Salad Recipe
In Kansas City, Missouri, Lee Bremson gives fun crunch to a combination of fruit and mixed greens by sprinkling it with macadamia nuts. "The vinaigrette enhances the taste of the salad without adding lots of extra calories," she notes.
- 1/4 cup thawed white grape juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 large fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving. Set aside 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- 2. Place the greens in a salad bowl and drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with strawberries, kiwi and onion; drizzle with reserved dressing. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 67 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Colorful Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC