Colorful Tossed Salad Recipe
In Kansas City, Missouri, Lee Bremson gives fun crunch to a combination of fruit and mixed greens by sprinkling it with macadamia nuts. "The vinaigrette enhances the taste of the salad without adding lots of extra calories," she notes.
- 1/4 cup thawed white grape juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 large fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate until serving. Set aside 2 tablespoons of dressing.
- Place the greens in a salad bowl and drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with strawberries, kiwi and onion; drizzle with reserved dressing. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p8
Reviews for Colorful Tossed Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >