Colorful Tomato 'n' Mozzarella Salad Recipe
This is my twist on the popular tomato-mozzarella salad. Since the rest of the salad is so light, you can splurge with the fresh mozzarella! —Tari Ambler, Shorewood, Illinois
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium yellow tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium red tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Arrange spinach on a platter; top with tomato and cheese slices. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 132 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC