My mother-in-law came across this recipe while studying home economics in college. We have always celebrated birthdays and special occasions with these tacos. Radishes and peas are unique additions.—Anita Byars, Geff, Illinois
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Seasoned salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup shredded radishes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas, drained and mashed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Spread beef over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Fold tortillas over meat; press to seal. In a greased 10-in. skillet, brown tortillas in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Unfold tortillas. Top with cheese, radishes, onion, peas and tomatoes; fold up. Serve with hot pepper sauce. Yield: 10 tacos.
Originally published as Colorful Tacos in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p292
Reviews for Colorful Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review