Colorful Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cubed bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in pockets. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add the bread cubes, corn, egg substitute, pimientos, cumin and remaining salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into pork chops; secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Lightly grease the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- 4. Grill chops, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° for meat and 160° for stuffing. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 308 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Colorful Stuffed Pork Chops
"instead of peppers, pimentos, corn i use a can of corn with peppers. easier and has everything in it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.