- 6 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cubed bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in pockets. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add the bread cubes, corn, egg substitute, pimientos, cumin and remaining salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into pork chops; secure with toothpicks.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium indirect heat for 12-15 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° and 160° for stuffing. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p42
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Colorful Stuffed Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2008
instead of peppers, pimentos, corn i use a can of corn with peppers. easier and has everything in it.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >