Colorful Stuffed Peppers Recipe
You're sure to enjoy this tasty twist on traditional stuffed peppers. Crisp-tender pepper cups hold a colorful filling that gets south-of-the-border flavor from salsa and cumin. They're fast to assemble using convenience items such as instant rice and frozen corn. -Angie Dierikx, State Center, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 medium green peppers, halved lengthwise
- Sliced canned jalapeno peppers, optional
- 1. Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook on high 30-60 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in salsa, corn, water, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles around the edges. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; stir.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup into each pepper half. Place on a 12-in. round microwave-safe plate. Cover loosely and cook on high for 6-8 minutes or until peppers are tender, rotating a half turn once. Cover and let stand for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with jalapenos if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 433 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,400 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Stuffed Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC