Colorful Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 medium green peppers, halved lengthwise
- Sliced canned jalapeno peppers, optional
- Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook on high 30-60 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in salsa, corn, water, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles around the edges. Stir in rice and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; stir.
- Spoon 1/2 cup into each pepper half. Place on a 12-in. round microwave-safe plate. Cover loosely and cook on high for 6-8 minutes or until peppers are tender, rotating a half turn once. Cover and let stand for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with jalapenos if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Colorful Stuffed Peppers(3)
Sort By :
This was my first attempt at stuffed peppers. They turned out AWESOME! I had 3 left over and was leaving town for the weekend, so I offered them to a neighbor so they didn't spoil while I was gone. Got rave reviews on the left overs!
such a good recipe-im doing it in the oven though-im not a big into microwave cooking... has a great flavor-didn't put the jalapeno's in-have 3 little kids that wouldnt like it. i also added extra cheese very good! everytime i make stuffed green peppers i usually try a new recipe to try something different but think ill stick to this one for awhile :)
This has been a favorite since I got this magazine issue in 1999. They are really easy & delicious as well. I like how cooking them in the microwave doesn't make the pepper cups soggy. They turn out very crisp tender. I drain the plate at the end of cooking, so any excess liquid doesn't make them soggy. I have also found that cutting the peppers the short way, rather than length wise makes them stay up better on the plate. Yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >