- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing with roasted red pepper and Parmesan
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Colorful Spiral Pasta Salad
"Always a hit! I leave out the broccoli and instead put purple onion and green peas. Will have to take another reader's suggestion and add cheese next time"
"For cindeehanson, Yes, Walmart has their own brand, Great Value Italian salad Dressing. You can buy it in a large 40 ounce bottle, very reasonably priced and I always have a couple of bottles on hand which I also use them for marinade on chicken cutlets sleeping overnight in thefridge before I grill them or pan fry them. This recipe with cubed mozz cheese and provolone cheese is a winner. Just add those cheeses along with the other ingredients and let them sleep overnight in the fridge and your a hit in the kitchen. Bon Appetite"
"yes we like olive garden italian dressing you can buy it from olive garden or some walmarts carry it"
"Can anyone recommend an excellent brand of Italian salad dressing?"
"Have made is forever and always goes over well. Also don't have to worry about temp since there is no mayo."
"I added red peppers and peas with only 2 cups of brocolli as husband not a fan of brocolli. I think zuchinni would be good too. It was delish!"
"Made this for a potluck and it was a big hit. It was so colorful andtasty!"
"This is the best salad for home or to take anywhere. You can add any vegetables you like...fresh sweet peppers, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, chopped carrots...and the bowl always ends up cleaned of the last bit. Even if you keep it a day or so, the flavors are even better. I especially like Feta or Parmesan cheeses."