Add a little festive fun to holiday bake sales with these pretty popcorn balls dotted with red and green M&M's.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 quart popped popcorn
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large greased bowl, combine popcorn and cereal. In a large
- saucepan over low heat, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and
- stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over
- popcorn mixture. Add M&M’s; stir until combined.
- When cool enough to handle, shape 1/3 cupfuls into balls with lightly
- buttered hands. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool.
- Yield: 16 popcorn balls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.